Thursday, February 14, 2013

tomorrow, tomorrow..

So the big day is finally here!!! Can you believe it?!? She had her blood work done today and was not a happy camper but it is done! We have to be at the hospital at 9:00 in the morning and the surgery could start anytime between 11 and 1:00. We are honestly just ready for it to all be over with! I am nervous but exhausted so I hope I sleep some tonight! No formula after midnight and clear liquids until 8:00. Please pray that she won't be hungry and fussy! And for this mama and daddy to not be too anxious!!

Also pray for our sweet Madeline.. You aren't going to believe this (well, actually you will!) but Madeline has strep throat!! She had had a cough for a couple of days but no fever and didn't act like she felt bad. When we got home from daycare yesterday, she went from doing okay to running a 102 temp in a matter of minutes. So nana came over and watched Chandler and I rushed to stat care with Madeline. Let's just say that after a chest X-ray, being poked in both nostrils to check for flu and RSV and a shot of antibiotics that she won't go so willingly to the doctor's office next time! When we were getting ready to leave she said "no mama I can't walk!!" Poor baby.. She was pitiful!! So you can imagine my guilt at having to leave her at my parents so she wouldn't get Chandler sick!!! Kris came to the rescue, as always, and figured everything out while I sobbed uncontrollably in the parking lot! He really is amazing even though I give him a hard time.. I am thankful I have him on my team!!

Everything is packed up and waiting for us to pull out of the driveway at 6:30 in the morning.. Please continue to pray for sweet Chandler Megan Smith and the surgeons, me and Kris, Madeline, grandparents, and Shimmy as tomorrow will be a long day but the outcome is sure to be a great one!! And we can't wait to see our "new and improved" angel and to see what's in store for our family of four..

Anxiously waiting on tomorrow,
Megan

P.S. Exactly one year ago today (Valentine's Day), we announced that we were going to have baby #2.. Wow!! What an incredible journey we have been on in a year and we give all the glory and praise to God!!





1 comment:

  1. I love that cute little face! Praying continually for you guys!

    ReplyDelete