Tuesday, February 5, 2013

this too shall pass...

Okay, so remember that I have been saying "this too shall pass" blah blah blah...I am quite sick of saying that now!!!  Be prepared that this will probably be a vent post..so you were warned! 

It all started Saturday when Madeline preceded to have accident after accident, stating "Mama, I had a accident!"  Really?!?  You are kidding me!  I really got kinda worried about her because there has been a lot going on at her house and thought she might be upset for me, Chandler and her Daddy.  But come to find out a lot of kids regress a little after they are potty trained, but I hope for her sake and mine that she doesn't regress again!!  Fingers crossed..there hasn't been any accidents since Saturday afternoon.  In the meantime, Chandler starts coughing.  Which isn't really unusual because, bless her heart, she has been congested since she was born.  This particular cough was different though, my Mama gut was telling me so!  It did in fact get worse Sunday night, so I started calling doctors ASAP on Monday morning.  The cardiologist's nurse suggested trying to get in to see our pediatrician that day, and she would call me back with Dr. Parnell's recommendations.  Um, you are telling me to get into the Children's Clinic TODAY?!?!  Much easier said than done...but I went on and called and left a message.  The nurse also said that it sounded like RSV...NOOOOOO!!!  Which is exactly what we have been trying to avoid and why we have had her quarantined to the house!  Anyway, the clinic never called me back, so after lunch I called again, only to get the answering service.  Here's the funny thing, I hung up and called right back and someone answered!!  And guess what she said?!  Dr. Charles had a cancellation for 1:30!!!  It was 1:00..so I flew to get her and away we went to the doctor.  The Good Lord was with me, that's for sure!  Of course, the nurse heard her breathing and said, "Sounds like RSV, let's get her swabbed in the lab."  This mama was almost a basket case already because I felt responsible for her being sick.  The RSV test came back negative..praise God!  And we went back to wait for the doctor.  He listened to her lungs and checked her ears.  She hasn't ran any fever, either.  She had lost a little weight, which put a knot in my stomach.  He then called the cardiologist and they talked for a while.  Together, they decided that she just has a cold and will treat with suctioning her nose and come back Wednesday for a re-check.  THAT WAS IT!!!  But I guess that is a good thing, she could be really sick and need to be hospitalized.  Then, the words that I had been dreading were then heard..."they can't operate if she is still sick."  I kinda lost it then, because we have worked so hard trying to keep her well and germs out of the house, that again, I felt responsible.  It is what it is and if she is sick and we have to postpone surgery again, then so be it.  But I won't lie and say that I wasn't and still not discouraged.  I am just ready for surgery to be behind us so we can enjoy our family and not have to take SO many precautions.  Aside from the four of us living in a bubble from now until then, I just don't know what else to do!! 

On a brighter note, I am looking forward to Kris being home with us the next four nights and for dinner with some friends tonight that is looooong overdo!!!  Please pray that our girl gets well enough to have surgery next Tuesday and for me, that I will keep it together as best as I can..

until next time,
Megan
bright eyed baby
fun on Tucker's tractor at his 3rd birthday party
happy baby who doesn't look sick!
fresh from the tub

1 comment:

  1. Praying for no more GERMIES!!!!!!!! No RSV and no flu!!!!!! No colds!!!! Stay well sweet Chandler!! You're almost there! A new heart is on the horizon! Can't wait to see that sweet little scar to remind us you're all better! :-)

    ReplyDelete