Wednesday, February 20, 2013

day five

I am a little behind, but a lot has been going on!! So I will talk about yesterday, which was my 33rd birthday. Grammy and Papa J brought Madeline up and she had flowers and tuptakes and said "happy birthday Mama!!" Warmed my heart and just what I needed to hear. I was in complete heaven with both my girls in my lap and was THE BEST present ever! Before they got here though, Chandler was experiencing some discomfort and was crying with tears!! The nurse brought Tylenol and I snuggled her up and within twenty minutes, she was feeling fine! It was so sad to see her like that, but she is a trooper!!

We ate lunch while Chandler slept and had a party in the waiting room. During our party, Chandler had an echo done and she was waiting on the doctor to look at it. Kris and I waited with on the doctor (not our doctor) with her. Let's just say his bedside manner was horrible! When he finished looking at it, he wanted to do the scan himself. Before he started, he mentioned a "re visitation." After he was done, he was walking out of the door and I stopped him and asked what he meant by re visitation.. Not sure everything he said but what I did hear was "she will have another surgery in a couple of months.." MONTHS?!?!" We knew that she has a leaky valve and could possibly require another surgery on down the road but not in months!! Supposedly, he meant that it could be years but that isn't what he said!! Needless to say our cardiologist wasn't happy and just wished he had told us that he would consult our cardiologist and she would get back to us. I went to pieces because I couldn't imagine planning to come back soon and we are still here!!

Kris and I went for a much needed walk to get some fresh air and that felt good! Our favorite nurse from PICU came by for a visit and said to come by when we come back for our post op visit. Now that meant a lot to this Mama and Daddy.. Our girl really is a superstar and everyone loves her!! But who doesn't?!?

Shimmy also came for a visit and got to hold Chandler and that was a very special time for them!

They are still trying to ween off of oxygen and we are looking forward to getting that thing off of her face! The miralax has kicked in and can we say there is nothing wrong with her bowels now!!

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day!

until next time,
Megan







No comments:

Post a Comment