Sunday, February 17, 2013

day three

If I could describe today's emotions with two words it would be roller coaster! It all started with a sweet phone call from Madeline saying "no fever Mama and Daddy" and I just fell apart! Hearing that sweet little voice and not being able to take care of her has broken my heart in two.. So I dried my eyes and went in to check on daughter #2. They were getting ready to remove the arterial line from her chest so we turned our eyes. They also removed the sticky things on her forehead so she looked different. They then stared her on clear liquids but that wasn't getting the job done so she was allowed formula. She was excited about that! We let her rest and when we got back they had also removed the arterial line from her arm, so no IV lines! She was ready to go to a room but there weren't any available. So we waited not-so-patiently but some good friends, Josh and Ginger and Ryan came to visit so that took our minds off of it for a while. Sometimes laughter is the best medicine!! A room finally was ready so they put her in a wagon, yes a wagon and wheeled her to the 5th floor. We got settled and she acted hungry so the nurse put her in my arms and I got to feed her!! I knew I had been missing something and it was holding my children. I still am only partially complete but will be full tomorrow when Madeline comes up for a visit!

As I lay here in the "bed" beside Chandler's crib listening to her breathe and wiggle, I am thanking God for all His blessings... Our babies's heart is fixed and I couldn't ask for more..

until next time,
Megan











1 comment:

  1. Oooohhhhhh, I love that little face! Crazy that she rode in a WAGON!!! HA! Enjoy holding that sweet baby every chance you get!!!

    ReplyDelete