Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter 2013

Chandler's first Easter!!
Easter has come and gone and it is now April!!  Wow, where did the time go?!? 

I will start with Good Friday, which we all had off that day.  Chandler and I went to the doctor for her six month shots :( while Daddy and Madeline planted the garden.  When I asked Madeline what she would rather do..go to the zoo or plant the garden.  Her reply was, "Ummm, I plant vegetables with Daddy!"  So, that is what they did and I know one Daddy who was pretty proud!!  They fought over the rake, and he said we might have peas sprouting up all over the garden, but so what, that's how memories are made!  Chandler is now 14 lbs and 24 inches long...she has gained two pounds in six weeks!!  We are so proud of both of our big girls :)  Dr. Charles was very impressed with how well she is doing since her surgery and said that he had missed seeing us.  It's so very hard to believe that six weeks ago, our girl was having open heart surgery and just look at her now...
Her scar looks soooo good!
It's unbelievably hard to capture her sweet smile!!

Look how excited she was!!  It's the little things in life..
Chandler also got to experience her first real Walmart (hellmart) trip and it wore her out!
Saturday was the Easter egg hunt at church.  Chandler was feeling kinda grumpy from her shots, but seeing Nanny B perked her right up!  And if I could describe Madeline with one word from the egg hunt, it would be "diva!"  That girl had Shimmy holding her basket and Hunter putting eggs in it for her!!!  What a way to hunt eggs!  She is rotten, that's for sure, but they allow that sassy-britches to boss them around! haha
ready to hunt some eggs!
listening to the story
bring my bucket!
All this bossing, whoops, I mean, egg hunting is hard work!!
Well, after hunting all those eggs, we kept with tradition, as Shimmy, Madeline and I have done the last two years and headed to Super D to get the girls picture made with the Easter bunny, or so we thought!  All Madeline could talk about was taking a picture with the Easter bunny and was so excited!  (Which she was excited last year too, but we have no picture since she absolutely REFUSED to get in his lap!!)  And this being Chandler's first Easter and all, she had to have her picture with the Easter bunny, right?!  So, we get there and guess what..the Easter bunny had gone home!!!!  Can you believe that?!?!  So we had a very disappointed three year old and thirty three year old...  I felt like I had let my big girl down, and she probably wasn't even going to get in his lap, but that's not the point.  We get back in the car and go to Walmart and let her pick out a big stuffed bunny and that was that!  She loves her "Easter bunny" who sleeps with her every night now, and I promise to do better next year...there goes my "mother of the year" award..haha

Since Kris had to work at the firehouse Saturday, and he didn't get home until 9:00 Easter morning, the Easter bunny visited our bedroom after Kris got home.  Wasn't that sweet of the bunny?!?

Our bunnies must have been good!
For me?!?
My loves M&M's!
Everything dumped on the floor, even Chandler's!
"I got a fishing pole and my Daddy is going to take me fishing!"
Since the Easter bunny came late, that kinda made us run a little late!  So, we flew to church to a packed house and I stayed in the nursery with the girls.  It is so much fun to watch Madeline play with other children or play by herself, which she does most of the time.  It used to bother me that she didn't want to play with others but that is her personality and what makes her unique!  We went out to Kris's Mamaw Dot's for lunch and my Mama, Daddy and Mamaw joined us.  It is so nice that we can all get along and that we don't have to have separate gatherings for the holidays.  We really are so blessed and thoroughly enjoyed the day with our family, watching Madeline hunt for eggs and play with the big girls.  And remembering why we were celebrating this joyous day...He is risen!!
headed to church
headed to church
Us with Nana, Pops and Mamaw Dot
My heart is so full of love for these two girls..
All this celebrating is hard work!
Happy Easter from the Smiths..do you know how hard it is to get four people to look at the camera and smile or look like they are having fun?!?  I won't bore you with the other takes, but they are pretty funny!!



counting my many blessings,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment