Monday, March 25, 2013

Madeline's 3rd birthday

It is so hard for me to believe that just three short years ago I would become a mother and know what it felt like to truly love someone.  Sure, I love Kris, my parents, my sister, grandparents, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins and the list goes on and on, but to love a child is a totally different kinda love!  Some days she makes me question myself and ask, "Can I really do this?  Can I really be a mother?  And not just any mother, a great mother?!?"  And on most days she makes me teary-eyed and my heart just bubbles over with love and joy. 

Today, Madeline turns three and I have done a lot of reminiscing about all that has happened these last three years.  As I have said before, I forgot what my life was like before her (and Chandler), and I don't want to remember either!

So, tonight we will have another celebration for our big girl on her special day with Grammy, Papa J, Nana and Pops, and we will have pizza and Rapunzel cupcakes.  (Shimmy, you will be missed!!)  We have thoroughly enjoyed these last three years and have learned a WHOLE LOT!!  Through all the ups and downs, we are looking forward to what the next year brings us! 

Madeline, your Daddy and I love you so very much!!  You complete our worlds and make us proud each and every day you are a part of it.  You are an amazing big sissy and Chandler thinks you are the best!  We are so blessed to have you as our first born daughter!  Enjoy your 3rd birthday and eat all the icing you want...just for today! haha

finding it hard to believe I now have a three-year-old,
Megan

Just a little stroll down memory lane of her birthdays..
Princess Madeline's invitation
Before Madeline's Royal Cinderella Celebration!
Madeline's 3rd birthday!


Oink, moo, cock a doodle doo, Madeline is turning two!

Madeline's 2nd birthday!
Have a cupcake, join the fun, Madeline is turning one!!
Madeline's 1st birthday!     

1 comment:

  1. So hard to believe that she is 3 already!!!! Love, Shimmy <3

    ReplyDelete