Monday, April 22, 2013

a weekend full of fun!


I am ready for the "wodeo"
This cowgirl has her boots and her hat!
This cowgirl didn't have boots or a hat, but she was ready!

We have had a wonderful weekend and so weren't looking forward to Monday morning!!  We took the girls to their first rodeo, or "wodeo" as Madeline says, Friday night.  Parklane sponsored their 7th annual rodeo at the Pike County Fairgrounds.  Madeline had told everyone at daycare that she was going to wear her boots and her hat.  I didn't know what hat she was talking about until we got home.  Before we left, she said that she needed to get her hat that was in her playroom.  She came out with a hat that she had gotten from a birthday party and it was too cute!!  She has a mind like a steel trap! 

Madeline was in complete awe at all the animals and cowboys and cowgirls!  Now Chandler on the other hand, not so much!  It was way past her bedtime and sister was getting tired of people watching and was ready for her bed.  Since this was our first rodeo with children, I never even thought about where we would go to the bathroom.  You know where this is going, don't you?!  Almost as soon as we got situated, Madeline declares, "I gotta go potty!"  So, her and I went off in search of a potty.  I am looking for BATHROOMS...not porta-potties, which is what ended up using.  All I can say is that it is bad enough going into one of those nasty places alone, but just add a wiggly, whiny three-year-old with you and it is a recipe for disaster!!  We get in and she immediately says, "NO MAMA, I not wanna go in there!!"  I know that that potty was a-rockin' cause it was like wrangling a goat inside that nasty thing!  So out we go without using the bathroom.  We saw one of her little friends from daycare and chatting with her and her Mama for a minute before Madeline starts doing the potty dance, saying "I gotta go!"  This time we went into one that had a white seat, so it looked a little bit like a real potty.  Can we say that I had to force her to let me hold her over it?!?  She went as soon as I held her over it...whew!!  I must love Madeline Randall Smith, because I wouldn't have done that for just anyone!!  And next time, I am just going to take her in the bushes and be done with it! Oh and her Daddy will be taking her, too!  haha

We ran into Nanny B and Hunter Ray's parents, Sue and Greg, and Madeline got extra spoiled rotten sitting in Ms. Sue's lap and Mr. Greg taking her to a better spot to see the action.  By this time Chandler was over the rodeo and there was no satisfying her, so Greg bribed Madeline to leave by saying that she could go pet the bull.  There was this huge bull, that I thought was stuffed because he wasn't moving at all, that you could take pictures with.  I knew where this was headed, but this was one step closer to the car.  The closer we got to the bull, the more Madeline climbed on Kris.  She wasn't having any part of that big, ole bull!!  But we had paid our money and they had put the "first rodeo" sign up for us and I had gotten Chandler out of her stroller.  All I can say is this is a memory we will laugh about for a long time, oh and we will laugh about the picture, too....
Madeline's face is priceless and Chandler couldn't care less!!  Kris and I look way more excited than them! haha

Saturday night was a long overdue date night for Mama and Daddy!!  We had gotten tickets to see Jamey Johnson at Bear Creek and were looking forward to it.  The girls went to Nana and Pops's to spend the night and we went with our friends, Benny and Michelle, to the Hitchin' Post in Tickfaw to eat.  Let me just tell you that I wouldn't have stopped there to eat if we hadn't have been with them!!  It resembled an old, painted barn, with no signs that indicated it was even a restaurant.  We took a chance and had one of the best steaks we had ever eaten!!  I am not lying!  We were pleasantly surprised and can't wait to go back!  Then we headed to see Jamey Johnson.  Now, just a little background about this man.. Kris LOVES old music, like really old music.  I tell him all the time, he was born during the wrong time.  Jamey Johnson sings this kinda music even though he is a popular singer today.  We saw him sing on the Coast a year ago with Benny and Michelle and let's just say that Kris had him a good, ole time!  He enjoyed listening to all that music, now me on the other hand, I had fun seeing Kris have such a good time and getting out of the house.  We give and take, right?!?  So, I have to admit that I wasn't as excited about seeing Jamey Johnson as I was about having a date night.  We met up with some other friends and had a good time, but we learned a few things.  The first thing is that this particular venue brought in a whole different crowd, lots of interesting people to watch.  Second, it was hard to hear him and there were entirely too many people (those same interesting people whom I didn't want sitting right next to me).  And lastly, we have gotten too old to stay out so late; therefore, we slept in and took a nap Sunday afternoon!!  Not kidding, we can't hang like we used to and I am pretty sure we are both okay with that.  Our lives have certainly changed, but they have changed for the better..
Jamey Johnson
Sunday was spent with Kris's family, as always, with good food and a good visit.  We finished the weekend with a great Revival sermon before we had to prepare for the week.  Weekends like this are what life is all about..spending time with the ones you love, making memories that will last a lifetime!

until next time,
Megan
I typically don't like them to dress just alike, but these were gifts and I couldn't resist!
Big sissy didn't want little sissy to wear her bow anymore..who knows why!!
I didn't ask her to do this, she loves her sissy so much!
Smart girl using her "markets" (markers)
Look at me holding my head up so good!
I see you!
Whew...after all that hard work I need to rest and suck my thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment