Tuesday, January 29, 2013

loooong week

THIS. IS. THE. LONGEST. WEEK. EVERRRRRR!!!!!

Of course time has been flying right on by up until yesterday!!  And I will be working this week so that I wouldn't be at home staring at Chandler and the clock!  Now the nights are a different story..as I was washing dishes at 8:30 last night and Kris was taking the garbage out, I said to him, "I don't know how parents do it when they work until 5:00 or 5:30 or be a single parent."  And that is the truth..I have no idea how they do it, but I give them credit cause I know it's tough.  Just when I think it's craziness in our house, I think about those people and make it through.  Of course, I need to first learn how not to want to be supermom!  Haha good luck with that :)

Last night I slept with two of Chandler's blankets..I know it may sound silly, but someone had said that they slept with their child's blankie before surgery, so I thought I would too.  Anything to help make her feel more relaxed and "at home" I am willing to do.  (It also makes me feel a little better, too!)  I have started packing a few things and that makes it feel so real!  And how to pack for big sissy?!?  She will need a separate suitcase for all of her bows and shoes haha!  Which makes me very sad, by the way.  Along with worrying about Chandler being in pain after surgery, I have been worrying about Madeline and being away from her.  This is so hard for me, because I want to be there for both of my girls, and how do I decide what's right?!?  So as of now, I will be there with Chandler and hopefully grandparents will be able to bring Madeline to visit us.  It is going to be a rough week but "this too shall pass."  We are very excited to see how well Chandler will feel after surgery and that is what is getting us through all of this other stuff.  On a happier note, her little personality is really shining through and she is a ham!!  She gets so tickled that she doubles over and her eyes sparkle..it is really sweet!  She already admires her big sissy who is VERY protective of her!  Madeline makes sure we tend to her and don't forget her..if she thinks that we aren't being fast enough, she runs over to Chandler and says, "Shhhh, sissy's here, it's otay!!"  Chandler is doing MUCH better with her head control and is just about to roll over.  She is constantly kicking and moving, in fact, when we put her on the floor, she moves herself off of the pallet!!  We are certainly in for it when she has recovered!  We were spoiled with Madeline and her little calm and easy self..Miss Thang is going to give us a run for our money, we can already tell!!
the play mat is a car...so Madeline said "I driving Chandler to the doctor!"  poor thing that's the only place she gets to go, but not for long!!!

sisterly love
cooking in mama and shimmy's OLD kitchen..we won't say how old! ha
sleeping angel

Please continue to pray for us as FRIDAY gets closer...pray for the guidance and knowledge of the surgeons, pray for Chandler and that she won't be too anxious and won't experience too much pain, pray for me and Kris and that we won't be too anxious either and that the time will pass quickly and that we won't be worried about Madeline..those are the specific requests that I can think of now, but any and all prayers are greatly appreciated!!

Today is a very special day....it is Shimmy's 30th birthday!!  We wish her a wonderful day and love her very much!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIMMY!


ready for Friday to come and go,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment