Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I feel that one of my greatest accomplishments in life was becoming a mother...and I have been fortunate to be a mother to two amazing children.  Being a mommy has to be the most rewarding, yet hardest job that I do on a daily basis.  Madeline and Chandler are the greatest blessings that I have ever received and better than any gift.  I have been blessed with one of the greatest mothers ever and I strive to be half the Mama that she is to me and Kimberly.. 

My Mother's Day started out kinda crazy..of course you already knew that because this is my life we are talking about and nothing is ever simple!  haha  Anyway, Shimmy and I had arts and crafts on Saturday and made the grandmothers and great grandmothers their gifts (thanks Pinterest!) and I will post a pic later since Nana and Mamaw Dot haven't gotten theirs yet.  My wonderful husband was going to help and spray them with a clear coat of paint before he went to work.  Well, when I went to get them, the paint had smeared some and it was brown in some places, like a coffee stain.  I was so upset but I think Kris was worse because he felt responsible!!  And to make matters worse he had to work at the fire department, that's part of his job, but I surely don't have to like it!  Anyway, moved on from that just in time to find Madeline in my closet with her underwear full of poop!  Really...on Mother's Day?!?  Didn't she know that this was MY day?!?  ha  And when I asked her what happened, she said, "I couldn't get out of Mama's room!"  Poor dear..  The three of us and Papa J flew to church, where the tears continued to flow as reminders that Mrs. Mary Ellen is no longer with us..  But on the bright side (I guess), I got youngest mother!!  At (33) years old..haha!! 

We ate lunch at Grammy and Papa J's with Mamaw and Shimmy and enjoyed our day spent together.  And completed the day with a well deserved nap for this tired Mama.

Hope every mother enjoyed her day and felt as special as I did, even if she had to clean up poop!! :)

loving being a mommy,
Megan


These precious blessings made me a "mommy!"
Mamaw and her girls!!  (Shimmy and I used to be her girls, but we have been replaced!)
3 generations...those are some pretty strong genes, huh?!
P.S. Madeline REFUSED to sit in our laps or stand beside us, she HAD TO HAVE that darn chair!!  Her green chair!!  Oh my, what are we going to do with her?!?  I am afraid we are going to have our hands full! :)  Also, look at Chandler's facial expressions..never the same!!  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment