Tuesday, May 28, 2013

an aunt named shimmy

We call my sister many names, such as:  boo, boo-boo, boo baby, sissy, sister, nanny mcphee and the list goes on and on; however, the name she is probably most proud of is "Shimmy."  Kimberly had decided that she wanted her aunt name to be Kimmy, that is, until Madeline started calling her Shimmy and boy, did it stick! 

Well, Shimmy hasn't been feeling too swell lately and has been in the hospital in Hattiesburg since last Sunday, the 19th.  She was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis on the 16th, but has been battling it for a while now.  She has good days and bad days, but my parents are there with her, saying that they know she is feeling better when she starts being mean to them!!  haha 

Please keep Shimmy in your prayers...not only do we want her to feel better, but we miss her LOTS!!  Papa J made a flying trip home on Saturday and we were able to see him for just a few minutes.  When he left Madeline said, "Next time I am going to to the hospital and see Grammy and Shimmy.  Shimmy's tummy hurts and she is sleeping.  Shhhhhh!"  Both Madeline and Chandler (and myself) miss her dearly and can't wait for her to get well so we can have our play dates and sleepovers again.  She is a super important part of our lives, and helps me out more than she knows!  She is truly our Nanny McPhee and if you have seen the movie, you know what I am taking about...without the warts and ugliness!!  She also reminds me to be nice to Kris..yes, even she is on his side..well, most of the time!  We are so thankful that our girls have such a special bond with their aunt! 

Again, please pray that she will get well enough to go home and that this won't ever happen again.  Also, please pray for her nurse maids, especially when Kimberly starts feeling better! :)

We love you Shimmy and sure do miss you!!  Get well soon!!
And wouldn't you know I searched and searched for a picture of me and her and couldn't find one!!  We will have to do something about that!!!  And for those of you who know me, it's got to be about me, too!! :)  Also, for those of you who know Shimmy, you know that she will be checking herself out, saying, "Doesn't my make up look good?!  My eyebrows look trendy!"  haha  Shimmy, you know we looooove you!!!!

praying Shimmy gets well very, very soon,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment